Friday, May 1, 2015

Final blog

I liked the writing What I would learn, because i would learn to cure cancer. I lost my grandpa a year ago and think that if I knew how to cure cancer or at least help it that would be a great thing.

The writing I liked least was the one about the word blue. It wasn't something I really felt I could elaborate on because the word blue means sadness for me.

I noticed that my writings got longer, and seem to have more detail as the semester went on. When we first started I didn't type very much but as we have gotten to the end I typed a lot more.

I think I would change the content of my writing. I know it's called free writing but sometimes I feel like I can get off topic quick, and I don't think that's always a good thing especially if you were writing an essay.

I liked that we didn't do but one essay. I'm not the best at writing essays, so for me that was pretty good. I realize that writing is  something that I need to work on.

What I liked the least is that besides our blog I didn't feel like we had any actual homework, and as odd as this sounds I enjoy homework. Even if we had to do a worksheet or hand write a journal.

What I would do differently this semester is maybe try to be more focused on what we are doing. Sometimes I can get easily distracted so being focused on the task at hand would be great.

What I learned about myself is that I don't really enjoy writing very much. The blogs are okay because they are short but if I were to have to write a long essay then I sometimes have a hard time thinking of what to write, and how to put it on paper.

I think maybe requiring the blog to be turned in every week so we actually did it. I can say I'm very good about doing the free writing and saving them but I know some of the other students have been scrambling to get them posted and actually done.

I would give myself an A, because I've been present in class, and I participate in discussion and group work. I have done what is asked of me, and feel like I have done things to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda - Thank you for the feedback along with your reflection. This always helps me in the future. A studio class like ours functions differently than a regular course as most everything we do is in class. I am certainly going to be revising and taking your thoughts into consideration. Have a great summer. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete