Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What if???

I wasn’t married
I was a boy
My dad and mom didn’t get divorced
I didn’t go to cosmetology school
I didn’t graduate high school
I were alone
Cars were made of rubber
Dogs could talk


            Divorce is not my favorite topic, but it is something that happens. I still remember the day that everything fell apart. I was 13 years old and had gone to my grandma’s afer school like I always did. Who knew that would be the day that changed everything. My mom came to picjk me up and she had fire and daggers in her eyes the second she opened the dooe to come in the house. She told me it was time to go so I told my grandma I would see her tomorrow but my mom said, “no you wont. “ I was very scared at that point, and what came next I don’t think I will ever forget. We went to our house which was maybe a block from my grandparents and after we got inside that’s when everything went crazy. There were stuffed animals flying, picture frames being smashed, and then a wedding dress being cut. Talk about nightmares happeneingn in the day time. I couldn’t believe what I was actually seeing, and I had no clue what was going on. I also remember the night my parents told me they were getting divorced. I couldn’t believe that what I thought a good marriage was, yet it was a lie. I asked many quesuions through all the tears and didn’t care for the answers, but then I got to the last one and barely was able to ask it. The question was , “Did I do something wrng?” Of course they said, “NO:. I just couldn’t grasp what was about to happen. At the time I couldn’t beliebe it, but now looking back it was for the best. I use to think what it would be like if they hadn’t gotten divorced and things hadn’t been awful. I don’t like doing the “what if” because everything happens for a reason, and I think two of the reasons are my wonderful step sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment